POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Iso -> Parametric Iso ? : Re: Iso -> Parametric Iso ? Server Time
4 Aug 2024 18:16:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Iso -> Parametric Iso ?
From: ABX
Date: 15 May 2003 13:18:05
Message: <phi7cv4dm0mqr40t8t5kb0klp3nfml9fta@4ax.com>
On Thu, 15 May 2003 19:11:41 +0200, "Gilles Tran" <tra### [at] inapginrafr> wrote:
> Just wondering: is it possible to "warp" a rounded box (bending, shearing,
> twisting...) or another shape? Simple surface displacement can be done using
> the formula above, but I've not been able to create more drastic
> deformations.

I do not understand. Are you asking if it is possible to apply more complicated
"warping" deformations to functions and create isosurface (like I did in
http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.animations/23891/167475/wip.mpg ) or are
you asking if it is possible to apply "warping" deformations to mesh builded
with method described in this thread? Both seems possible when considered in
concrete examples but probably again hard to be defined in universal way.

ABX